The Beaufort Court House has been home to the Beaufort Historical Society since the court closed in 1982. It stands on the land of the Wathaurong people.
From 1864 a Petty Sessions, County Court and a Court of Mines sat at Beaufort.
The Beaufort Courthouse is one of the few rural court buildings that retain its original court room furniture and fittings, a feature appreciated when Beaufort Historical Society took over the building. They have ensured the furniture has stayed in the building and take a lot of pride in it today.
Working Heritage began managing Beaufort Courthouse in 2006 and repaired and revitalised the building so it could continue to be used by the historical society.
Working Heritage will continue to maintain and improve the Beaufort Courthouse to ensure it remains a useful community asset.
Photographs by Andrew Curtis.
t: 9600 1667
Former Royal Melbourne Mint
280 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
PO Box 13287
Law Courts Post Office
277 William Street
Melbourne VIC 8010
Permanent and casual parking
is available at the Mint Car Park,
280 William Street, Melbourne.